Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented and experienced concept artist able to tackle the unique and rich universe of Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd-funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.
We’re looking for someone to join our team with skills ranging from amazing character and costume concepts to spaceship and mechanical designs to work out of our Los Angeles office.
- Learn and master the visual style and elements of Star Citizen
- Be able to conceptualize and illustrate new assets following the guidelines and requirements of Star Citizen
- Create stunning art that captures the overall filmesque quality of the game’s universe
- Collaborate heavily with the design and production teams while maintaining the Art Director’s vision
- Other such duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium reasonably consistent with employee’s skill and experience
- Have a good understand of form and function with an eye for character design
- Have a strong foundation in anatomy, form, gesture, rhythm, color, and balance
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Strong understand of all aspects of concept art regarding illustration and design
- Knowledge of Photoshop or other painting and sketching software
- Passion for games and all things Sci-Fi
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Portfolio that demonstrates industry standard skill
- A minimum of two shipped next gen, high quality titles or movies
- Experience in games
- Ability to create concept art in 3D and 2D
- Mechanical illustration or design ability
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.