Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Junior Motion Capture Specialist to join our exciting Motion Capture team. The successful applicant will be working on set, shooting anything from body only character locomotion, to large-scale performance capture productions for the upcoming Squadron 42 title, as well as our ever-growing Persistent Universe. The role will also involve post-production work, which will include processing the data and delivering top-quality animation assets to multiple teams across the global company.
- This role reports to the Motion Capture Lead. The Mocap team is part of the Animation Department, under the leadership of the Animation Director.
- Collaborate with the Motion Capture team to plan, shoot and solve animation assets for multiple teams across the company.
- Support shoot planning and preparation. Operate as part of a team in all aspects of motion capture shoots, including capturing body, assisting with facial capture, reference recording, in-engine real-time operating, as well as markering-up actors and props.
- Assist the team to build and de-rig on-location motion capture systems.
- Build prop and set requirements true to in-game assets alongside other team members.
- Create solver and retarget setup files under supervision.
- Solve and clean motion capture data for in-game assets whilst remaining faithful to the performance utilising shoot reference.
- Ensure timely completion of motion capture data commitments at the desired quality bar.
- Deliver data for review and upload approved data in accordance with existing folder structures and practices.
- Batchelor’s degree in animation, video games production or similar.
- Solution-orientated individual with an inherent ability to react to problems quickly and calmly.
- Ambition to achieve all shoot requirements to the best of your ability.
- Advanced knowledge of MotionBuilder or other equivalent software.
- Experience using Motive or equivalent software.
- Experience with AAA game engines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Excellent time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather, analyse, and act on feedback from the team, openness to constructive feedback
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and techniques.
- Experience on set, in motion capture or otherwise.
- Experience using Lumberyard.
- Experience with motion capture skeleton solving.
- Vicon Shogun experience.
- Python/Mel scripting ability.
- Experience using Maya.
- Passion for video games development.
- Strong interest in science fiction.
This position is offered at our Derby Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.