Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Real-Time VFX Artist of all experience levels. Applicants must be capable of creating high Real-Time quality visual effects for video games. You will be working on the cutting edge of video game development, working closely with our talented art, design and programming teams as you create Real-Time visual effects for Science Fiction environments, vehicles and weapons.
- Work closely with other artists and designers and programmers to implement Art Director’s vision.
- Create convincing Real-Time VFX through all stages of the game development process, from conception to completion.
- Maintain a consistently high visual quality across a wide range of effects, from vast space environments to small weapons – and everything in between.
- Optimize effects to run efficiently in-game whilst maintaining high visual quality.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process. (if mid to senior level)
- Keen eye for detail and ability to break down existing effects in games and films.
- Be highly self-motivated and show initiative.
- Be able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required.
- Passion to raise the bar in real-time VFX.
- Excellent with real-time particle systems, offline fluid sims (for example: FumeFX) and 2D Packages (for example: Photoshop and After Effects)
- Experience with Cry Engine.
- In-depth knowledge of cutting edge visual effects practises in the video game and film industries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for video games.
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK