Cloud Imperium is looking for a skilled and talented Lead Gameplay Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim. The Lead Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems.
- Overseeing a team of 2-6 programmers, scheduling and prioritizing their tasks
- Reviewing performance of team members, providing mentoring as needed to improve their abilities and productivity
- Document and peer review technical designs and code submissions with other software engineers
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- 6+ years’ experience programming game features and systems, especially player-visible game features
- 2+ years’ lead programmer experience
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong knowledge of C++, multi-threaded, optimisation and multiplayer programming
- A passion for making and playing games
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Two or more shipped products, especially PC products
- Large code base development experience
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features
- First person combat development experience
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.