Cloud Imperium is looking for a Game Designer with a passion for storytelling to join the Narrative Team as an embedded Narrative Designer.
- Ensure the consistency of the game’s narrative voice and execution on creative vision throughout production, from initial concept and foundational development, character development, important narrative milestones, through to final polish
- You will help prototype NPC behaviors to create dynamic and interesting characters for the players to experience
- You will work with your teammates and other disciplines including Design and QA to ensure all assets are implemented as intended and meet the quality bar CIG is known for
- Collaborate with the Narrative Team to implement and support narrative-focused content, characters, and systems
- Under the direction of the Narrative Director, act as a champion of story, characters, thematic coherence and Narrative through gameplay across development
- Collaborate with the Design Team in both the design and implementation of narrative content/briefs using game tools as well as developing gameplay features that will support and convey the story
- Provide meaningful and valid feedback to the Narrative Team and Design during play sessions
- Help drive the development of Narrative tools
- Other such duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium reasonably consistent with employee’s skill and experience
- 2-3 years as a professional designer with experience in Game Design and knowledge of contemporary gameplay and narrative design.
- Excellent English communication, organization, and written skills.
- Be collaborative. We go through a lot of internal review, be able to work with constructive criticism and incorporate notes into revisions.
- Fluency in CryEngine, Lumberyard, Unreal Engine, or AAA-level game engine.
- Experience working with NPC AI Systems.
- A good balance of technical and creative ambition.
- MMO Experience
- Performance/Motion Capture Experience
- Animation Experience
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.