The teams at Cloud Imperium Games are producing groundbreaking, immersive gameplay in the open universe of Star Citizen and the story-driven cinematic RPG, Squadron 42. Our global studios take pride in our community-driven independence, our unique ability to achieve technical greatness and our promotion of work-life balance, studio events, and team building.
We believe our staff are key to our studio and games’ success and as our Studio Manager, it’s your mission to ensure that each employee has what they need to enthusiastically deliver quality content. All our office locations are designed to offer the best environment for team-focused and creative development in this passion-driven industry.
As our Studio Manager you will work closely with the team leadership to drive the health, culture and effectiveness of the studio. As an experienced people manager, you will partner with local leads in each department of your studio location and work closely with fellow studio managers around the world. Our Studio Manager must encourage and ensure collaboration between our distributed teams, while also providing a great working environment that respects the needs and culture of the local team. The studio manager will be held responsible for the studio’s budget and ensuring focus, attention to detail and quality in all works, as our teams do themselves. As a core member of leadership, you will also play an integral role in building the culture and aligning studio operations, processes and communications.
This Studio Manager reports to the Chief People Officer.
- Oversee and provide the best studio service, leading Operations, Facilities, Admin, and local IT services to pro-actively improve studio workplace and team quality of life, in the long and short term.
- Calmly manage conflict resolution to positive outcomes, both locally and internationally between studios.
- Provide leadership, advise and push mentorship and training opportunities for your studio and champion strategic initiatives to improve employee ability and morale making a positive impact to product-quality.
- Develop, maintain, and publish Studio KPIs that track project quality, delivery, and financial status and risks and report these to the Chief People Officer.
- Manage the studio’s physical infrastructure and operations, including maintenance and upkeep of the facilities and renovations or upgrades as needed.
- Partner with HR and Talent Acquisition teams to recruit, develop, and retain talent and ensure smooth and professional staff changes as required.
- Partner with Chief People Officer to identify, manage and achieve budgeting goals.
- Partner with Team Leadership and Production to deliver the ideal workplace to meet their needs.
- Lead efficient process improvement initiatives utilizing direct and dotted line reports, including but not limited to: business reviews, risk analysis, budgeting, staff health, current and future space needs, etc.
- Coordinate resource planning for the studio, ensuring accurate and up-to-date studio headcount always following global headcount approval and expectations.
- Bring positive energy, a “door is always open” mentality, and a people first mentality.
- Execute any and all other duties, missions and goals assigned by the executive staff at Cloud Imperium Games, reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in People Management.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in Facility Management and/or Operations.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of partners.
- Pragmatic, amiable, patient, and committed to the needs of the team when facing changes and solving problems.
- Self-starter who can identify problems before they have an impact, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve those problems efficiently.
- Proven ability to direct department activities; lead by example; formulate and execute goals and objectives and assess achievement.
- Knowledge of general procedure improvement, budgeting principles, etc.
- Knowledge of Star Citizen & Squadron 42
- Knowledge of game development, admin, marketing, publishing operations, live operations, and/or game support
- Knowledge of production tracking tools such as JIRA, MS Project, Shotgun
- Knowledge of sci-fi and space simulations
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your application in English