We are looking for a Game Services Engineer to work on the design, implementation and support of micro-services and backing services in a cloud environment. Services will interact with game clients, game servers, databases and the company’s web platform.
- Design and implement high performance and scalable back-end services that support or control game features.
- Work closely with Dev Operations and the Quality Assurance teams to provide documentation, and support for services in testing and production environments.
- Diagnose and fix complex problems between multiple services.
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of programming experience using C/C++ or Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with C++ 11 constructs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Windows and Linux.
- Familiar with service oriented architectures and microservices.
- Understanding and use of software design patterns.
- Understanding of asynchronous communication.
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
- Familiar with SQL and/or NOSQL databases.
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Passion for space simulations/games and science fiction.
- Experience with Data Visualization.
- Experience developing or working with gameplay features.
- Experience working with and integrating scripting languages into C++ applications.
- Computer Science or related degree.
- MMO experience.
- Cloud Service programming experience.
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent, and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.