Cloud Imperium Games in Wilmslow, UK is looking for a Lead Animator to work with the design team under direction of the Game Director and Animation Director on gameplay animation within Star Citizen. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in Motion Graphs and Trees and implementing animations into AI and Player controlled environments.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with Animation Director on designing and implementing animations within the game engine
- Create key frame animation as well as working with motion capture data for in-game assets while following the given style guide
- Ensure timely completion of animation commitments at the desired quality bar
- Maintain consistency of team’s deliverables through regular critiques, feedback and mentoring.
- Partners with designers, programmers and other departments involved
- Development of Motion Trees and Technical Solutions for combining high-quality in-game cinematics capture and AI/game code requirements
- Work with the teams to develop documentation of Solutions and Processes
- 4+ years of professional experience in game development - in an Animator capacity
- Shipped (from pre-production to release) 2-3+, large scale, AAA titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles) in a gameplay role
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- Solid understanding on Motion Graphs/trees and how to author and implement them
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Expert knowledge with Maya and other equivalent software
- Motion Capture experience
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals
- Experience with next generation AAA game engines
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Inherent ability to bring out the best in people, remains positive, ability to motivate your team
- Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, with an openness to critique
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
- Experience with Lumberyard
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes
- Experience with Outsourcing and/or collaboration with external studios
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.