Cloud Imperium is looking for an experienced Lead Level Designer to lead and manage a team of designers in implementing brand new levels within the Star Citizen Universe at our Wilmslow UK Studio.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Working directly with the Game Directors in guiding the team in crafting unique and engaging mixed arms (FPS & Vehicle) combat spaces
- Become the direct the link between the Design teams and the Environment teams in ensuring the spaces created achieve gameplay excellence while still retaining a believable and visually stunning composition
- Be a hands-on member of the team, helping deliver and implement levels to the highest quality while still having an eye for the bigger picture
- Driving design discussions on the team and fostering a creative and inclusive atmosphere allowing your team members to shine
- Directly address feedback from the Game Directors and senior management in ensuring the highest quality bar is met
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow
- Mentor members of the team and be a positive influence
- 7+ years of professional game production experience including work on at least one large scale FPS or third person combat action game as a senior/lead level designer
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create realistic engaging environments
- Strong understanding of visual scripting principals
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to create design proposals for peer reviews
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Proactive and self-motivated with a good organizational and problem-solving skill
- Experience with current 3D game engines
- Interest in Science Fiction based genres/themes (games, books, movies)
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Good knowledge of Lumberyard and/or CryEngine.
- Knowledge of architectural and spatial design for building believable environments.
- Experience from multi studio development
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.