Cloud Imperium is looking for an experienced Lead Level Designer to lead and manage a team of designers in implementing brand new levels within the Star Citizen Universe at our Wilmslow UK Studio.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Working directly with the Game Directors in guiding the team in crafting unique and engaging mixed arms (FPS & Vehicle) combat spaces
- Become the direct the link between the Design teams and the Environment teams in ensuring the spaces created achieve gameplay excellence while still retaining a believable and visually stunning composition
- Be a hands-on member of the team, helping deliver and implement levels to the highest quality while still having an eye for the bigger picture
- Driving design discussions on the team and fostering a creative and inclusive atmosphere allowing your team members to shine
- Directly address feedback from the Game Directors and senior management in ensuring the highest quality bar is met
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow
- Mentor members of the team and be a positive influence
- 7+ years of professional game production experience including work on at least one large scale FPS or third person combat action game as a senior/lead level designer
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create realistic engaging environments
- Strong understanding of visual scripting principals
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to create design proposals for peer reviews
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Proactive and self-motivated with a good organizational and problem-solving skill
- Experience with current 3D game engines
- Interest in Science Fiction based genres/themes (games, books, movies)
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Good knowledge of Lumberyard and/or CryEngine.
- Knowledge of architectural and spatial design for building believable environments.
- Experience from multi studio development
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.