Cloud Imperium is looking for a Physics Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen! The Physics Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement physics systems.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance the stability, quality, and variety of game physics elements such as ragdolls, vehicle dynamics, rope, fragments, etc.
- Maintain, support, and optimize the existing physics code (including collision detection and spatial queries) and assist in its practical applications within the game projects
- Work closely with the game project teams to assist in integrating and extending the physics engine
- Expert in-game physics programming and 3D math
- Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming skills
- A passion for making and playing games
- Works well in a cooperative team environment
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU
- Experience creating and/or extending physics and collision in a shipped game
- Lumberyard development experience
- Havok, APEX/PhysX, Bullet, or other physics package experience
- Online game and/or MMO development experience
- Space combat sim development experience
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products
- Fluency in Assembly and SIMD programming
- OpenCL, CUDA, and/or DirectCompute experience
- A physics degree
Please submit your application in English
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.