Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented and experienced AI Programmer to drive AI/Game Code development for the First Person Shooter areas of Star Citizen/Squadron 42 with the code and production groups across multiple studios.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop, maintain and enhance gameplay. This role has a strong focus on creatures and fauna behaviors for the Star Citizen universe.
- Develop game code and extend AI code for a high profile game
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems and making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Develop, document and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code
- Actively participate in team working on project by providing input to department project status meetings
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- 3+ years professional AI game development experience
- Shipped (better if from pre-production to release) 1+ AAA title (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
- Excellent understanding of C++
- Strong software engineering, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience with current console and PC development processes
- Strong 3D math knowledge
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Knowledge about CryENGINE and/or Lumberyard
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features
- Space combat sim development experience
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience
- Previous experience in a combat, melee or shooter based game a plus
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.