Our global Character Team creates new Characters, Armor and Creatures for Squadron 42 and Star Citizen, always striving to push the bar even higher! We pride ourselves in delivering AAA quality characters to both games as well as providing our subscribers and community with new and exciting content. Come join our team!
What you’ll be doing?
- Direct manager for all Character Artists at Cloud Imperium Games Los Angeles Studio
- Work alongside the Character Art Director and Tech Art Lead to maintain the high standards of modeling, texturing, PBR material creation to provide consistent and high-quality models
- Review Character asset Concepts and identify potential problem areas before the team starts work on assets
- Work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve the Character Art pipeline
- Document and communicate specifications and visual benchmarks of the Character Art pipeline
- Create high-quality Character assets from a high poly sculpt all the way to complete textured in-game asset
- Monitor the quality of outsourced Character assets to ensure technical and artistic integrity
- Mentor and train other Character Artists
What does a good Lead Character Artist look like to us?
- A minimum of 7 years of professional games industry experience with a focus on Character modeling, preferably in Maya & ZBrush.
- Experience working on published AAA games
- Prior Art Lead or management experience
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, and Substance Painter
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement, etc.)
- High-level knowledge of Marvelous Designer
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity. (must provide
- Strong high & low resolution organic and hard surface modeling.
- Solid understanding of human anatomy
- Good organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
- Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivated and agile.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected, and valued and facilitate an environment that fosters innovation and creativity.