Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Game Programmer to join the team.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Engineer code that achieves desired gameplay as specified by game designs
- Assist in designing and creating gameplay tools that facilitates developer workflow and alleviates bottlenecks
- Share your knowledge of transforming code into fun by instilling those values and skills in other engineers
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements
- Work well with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity
- Provide technical leadership within areas of expertise to the engineering team
- Design efficient, high quality systems and create technical designs that can be implemented by other engineers
- Function well with limited supervision
- Passion for video games, science-fiction, and space simulations
- C / C++ programming skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ game programming experience, with at least one shipped AAA title
- Mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, or online networking
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Experience with code optimization
- Comfortable contributing to an established engine
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- High comfort level working within, and analyzing and improving, an established code base
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Computer science or related degree.
- Expertise working within CryEngine/Lumberyard.
- Experience with multithreaded code.
- Knowledge of engineering for online games.
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development.
- Experience with multiplayer architecture.
This position is offered at our Frankfurt Office by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
Please submit your application in English
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.