Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Game Programmer to join the team.
- Engineer code that achieves desired gameplay as specified by game designs
- Assist in designing and creating gameplay tools that facilitates developer workflow and alleviates bottlenecks
- Share your knowledge of transforming code into fun by instilling those values and skills in other engineers
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements
- Work well with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity
- Provide technical leadership within areas of expertise to the engineering team
- Design efficient, high quality systems and create technical designs that can be implemented by other engineers
- Function well with limited supervision
- Passion for video games, science-fiction, and space simulations
- C / C++ programming skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ game programming experience, with at least one shipped AAA title
- Mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, or online networking
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Experience with code optimization
- Comfortable contributing to an established engine
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- High comfort level working within, and analyzing and improving, an established code base
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Computer science or related degree.
- Expertise working within CryEngine/Lumberyard.
- Experience with multithreaded code.
- Knowledge of engineering for online games.
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development.
- Experience with multiplayer architecture.
This position is offered at our Frankfurt Office by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.