Cloud Imperium is looking for a programmer to join the VFX team to help build the systems delivering real time visual effects of the highest quality. The team is multi-disciplinary with programmers and artists working closely together, and we have a strong track record of delivering complex & innovative features. The majority of the tasks for this job will be graphics oriented, but we also carry out the necessary game & tools work to ensure we deliver comprehensive features. We can also offer junior and senior roles based on the candidate’s experience and skill set.
If you have ambitious career goals and are looking for a place to fulfil those CIG could be the place for you!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and implement well-engineered, efficient, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various rendering, visual effects and core-engine systems.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art rendering and software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
- Work well together with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Strong 3D math knowledge
- Must work well in a cooperative/agile team environment
- Good sense of responsibility for your area of ownership
- Eagerness to learn and improve
- Experience with at least one of the following fields:
- o Graphics programming
- o Game code (VFX experience big plus)
- o Tools programming
- Experience designing and implementing particle systems
- Experience with R&D
- Knowledge relating to optimizations & performance
- Math skills beyond the basic requirements
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.