Foundry 42 Ltd is looking for a skilled and talented Junior Gameplay Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim. The Junior Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within the Lumberyard Engine.
- Work well in a cooperative, multi-disciplinary team environment to develop and maintain new gameplay features.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with matrices, trigonometry and linear algebra.
- Great attention to detail.
- A passion for making and playing games.
- Work well in a cooperative environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working demos, preferably extra-curricular.
- Basic knowledge of network synchronisation principles.
- FPS/Action/Adventure/Flight-sim development experience.
- Multi-threaded programming skills and knowledge.
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration.
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Please click the link to apply.