Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented designer to work on its Star Citizen live product. The position entails work on the ever-expanding Persistent Universe experience.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- The Live team is responsible for updates and maintenance of the live product and the content for occasional demos.
- The work of a Live designer can be extremely varied as the responsibilities span large parts of the game. From inception to implementation of things such as: missions and their locations, minor game mechanics, user experience, balancing and much more.
- The Live product usually receives new technology at a first implementation stage, therefore we can help guide its development and are expected to work closely with the engineers and system designers to ensure its ease of use.
- A Live designer must be vocal in ensuring the needs of the player are not overlooked and maintain a finger on the pulse of the community.
- Creation of multiplayer missions and expansion as new system and mechanics come online.
- Working closely with the Engineering and System Design to improve AI, gameplay, mechanics, tools, etc.
- Working with Environment Art and Level Design to ensure a perfect balance between gameplay setup and visual direction.
- Working with Narrative to build engaging stories for mission and locations.
- Placement of locations within the solar system and on planets.
- Willingness to follow and learn from the community using resources such as Reddit, Spectrum, and Twitch.
- Maintaining strong relationships with other departments and projecting a professional face of the Live team.
- Capacity to work to frequent deadlines.
- Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting or coding languages.
- Minimum of 4 years of game industry experience in design role.
- Previous experience on a AAA multiplayer game.
- Strong communicator, both oral and written.
- A passion for story-telling.
- A willingness to engage with the community.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.