We are seeking an experienced, ultra-talented Senior Vehicle Artist to create incredibly realistic space ships, ship Weapons, and other vehicles.
The ideal candidate has a strong conceptual eye, builds film resolution assets, understands modular kit-based construction, understands how to construct assets in use with PBR materials, has exceptionally strong hard surface modeling skills, and has a passion for art. They understand all phases of environment creation from block out through lighting; works well with others, and communicates with peers and other disciplines in a collaborative team process.
- Own the creation of flagship vehicle assets from start to finish while at times managing small strike teams to deliver industry leading content on a tight timeline
- Expected to mentor and guide staff and associate level artists to help improve the skill level of the team as a whole
- Working without concept design create new content for vehicles including entirely new takes on existing assets or designs for variations of existing content
- Work with Concept Artists and Art Directors to help establish and innovate on visual style for new vehicle types
- Working from concept models and images to create fully functional vehicles with interactive and navigable interiors while maintaining a strict adherence to metrics and standards
- As part of a team, maintain a high standard of modelling, texturing, PBR material creation and manufacturer design cues to provide consistent and high-quality assets
- Work with technical artists to deliver ‘animation’ ready solutions for physics driven elements such as landing gear or wheels while also delivering fully animated parts for all other ship elements such as doors, canopies, ramps, seats, transformations, etc
- Work in collaboration with the Concept Artists and Art Directors to maintain visual style and quality to deliver a cohesive visual experience
- Collaborate with designers, technical artists, and partner studios to achieve game design goals while at the same time maintaining file naming and directory structure requirements
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process
- Previous experience creating high quality environments or vehicles for AAA games
- Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, and PBR materials, as well as experience in using editors to lay out environments
- Experience creating environments or vehicles using modular systems
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- Experience with PRB materials
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes
- Excellent sense of form, mass and volume
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Hard Surface Modeling
- Experience with Cry Engine
- Hard surface modeling experience
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes
- Knowledge and/or experience with PBR (physically based rendering)
- Experience with programmatic and/or parametric environment generation tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in architecture, interior or industrial design
- A passion for science fiction and space simulations
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.