Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Motion Graphics Artist to work full time on Star Citizen, onsite at our Wilmslow studio (near Manchester, UK).
This role involves working with the Graphic Design and UI team to create great looking sci fi displays - in story-based Squadron 42, and the multiplayer Star Citizen universe. Our ultimate goal is to create vehicle HUDs, FUI screens and player facing AR displays that are not only easy to use, but styled and animated to the quality of a Hollywood movie.
We are looking for a talented Visual / Motion Graphics designer who can define the style and visual targets for various displays and help push the implementation of these from concept videos through to in-game implementation.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Concepts and Visual Targets – Working closely with artists, UI designers and art directors on look development. From sketches, polished presentation images, to high quality animated mockups.
- In Game Implementation – Working with the game engine to translate concepts into working interfaces in the game, working across teams to help define workflows and best practices to bring the in-game interfaces up to the highest visual standard.
- Problem solving ability to get the best quality within technology and time limitations.
- Working as a team to develop new ideas, techniques and concepts to push the visual quality of the Star Citizen UI.
- Assist in developing skills in peers and junior team members to aid them with best practice and technique.
- A passion for great looking motion graphics and an awareness of the latest techniques and software
- 5+ year’s experience in a similar position in the games or movie industry.
- Strong visual design and animation portfolio – FUI, graphic design, typography, layout, presentation and animation.
- Comfortable working in a variety of visual styles in 2D and 3D.
- Strong technical skills in areas such as scripting, shaders, particles, optimisation.
- Ability to manage time well and provide high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Passionate, proactive, multi disciplined motion graphics / visual designer.
- Proficient in After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experienced at animating, modelling, texturing and rendering in at least one 3D package.
- Good communication and time management skills.
Pluses (not required to apply)
- Proficient at working with Unreal, Unity or Cryengine
- Team leadership and mentoring skills
- A passion for video games
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.