Cloud Imperium is looking for a skilled and talented Gameplay Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim. The Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within the Lumberyard Engine.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and (when required) external customers to determine requirements
- Work well with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity
- Strong C++ programming skills
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a cooperative environment
- Experience programming game features and systems, especially player-visible game features
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products
- Lua and/or Python development skills
- UI development experience, including Scaleform and/or Flash/AS2/AS3 knowledge
- Lumberyard development experience
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features
- Space combat sim development experience
- Experience in game physics programming and 3D math
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration
This position is offered at our Frankfurt Office by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
Please Submit your application in English
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.